Monday, June 8, 2009

Unwanted Engagement

There were a lot of people going in and out of my house. Everyone was there to congratulate me and my girl friend's engagement. I did not recognize the girl whom I was engaged to, but she seemed to be nice. She was worried that my heart was not in this engagement and kept asking me if I really wanted to be married to her. She would say "I am four years older than you. Are you sure you want this?" In my head, I said "Mike is four years older than me." Then, I said to her that her age did not matter. People kept coming to us with lots of gifts. Apparently, this engagement was a huge deal. I did not recognize anyone who was supposed to be my friend, but they seemed very excited about my engagement. I would say "thank you" to them, but really, did not want to be there. I kept asking myself, "who is the girl that I am up supposed to be married to?"
Next day, I left everyone. I came to a country side with a large field. The field was surrounded by the morning fogs and it was quiet. I left a message for Mike as I was coming there, and he was the only one who knew about it. It was our secret. He knew that I didn't want to be married to the girl, and I was hoping that he would come and take me away. I stood in the field alone, waiting for my true love...

No comments:

Post a Comment