Sunday, March 8, 2009

Confusion

Dream 1.

Mike and I started a new job at the same company, but not in the same department. We had an orientation for new employees, and everyone was introducing themselves to each other. I had come into the orientation room a little bit before Mike did and had already finished my introduction by the time he appeared. When Mike came in, I told everyone that he was my husband. As I listened Mike introduce himself I noticed that he was using my Japanese friend's last name as his. I didn't understand why he was using that last name and asked him why. He simply said, "do you remember? we are married." But, it still did not make sense to me. If it was my maiden name, it would have made a little better sense. I told him that the name he was using was not my maiden name. In response, he said that my parents had gotten divorced right before we got married and my last name was changed. That did not convince me because my mother's maiden name was not the same as the one that Mike was using. Despite of my confusion, he kept introducing himself as Mike with my friend's last name.

Dream 2.

At my new job, my supervisor pointed out to me that I could not say the word "co-worker". She told me that my pronunciation was wrong and it made her upset every time I said it. The sound of "wo" I pronounced made her feel insulted. She made me practice to say the word over and over. Despite of the practice sessions, I did not improve. Finally, she could not take it any more and told her boss that I could not say the word "co-worker" right. I said that word in front of him and he confirmed my problem. Now they were a little disappointed and were wishing that they had not hired me.

Dream 3.

I got invited to go to dinner at my old co-worker Erin's house. She was a vegetarian and I brought some vegetarian dish to the dinner appointment. However, it was a strange dinner appointment. She was not happy when I got there and sent me back home with orange juice. Next day, she came to my place and saw the orange juice in the refrigerator. She asked me why I had her orange juice. I told her that she gave it to me the night before. She did not believe me and got angry at me. She left my place, and I was sad and confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment