Saturday, May 2, 2009

Raw Meat in Argentina

My coworkers, JB, JM and I were to go on a work trip to Argentina. Of course, our work does not have money to pay our airfares, and we were told to drive there. We were a little frustrated but seemed to accept the reality fairly well.

We arrived in Argentina. I did not remember anything about the whole car ride. When we got there, we realized that we had to find a place to stay. We found one hotel and talked to a guy at the front desk. He told us that it would cost over $850 a night there. Even though it was a ridiculously expensive, we decided to stay there.

Now it was dinner time. I was starving. I didn't remember anything I ate for the past however many days we spent on the road. We got to a restaurant and JB and JM ordered food quickly. I could not decide what to eat. While I was thinking about what to eat, their food came to our table and surprised me. It was a big chunk of raw chicken and beef piled on a plate. It didn't look like there was any spice on it. Just raw meat. JB cut up the meat with his fork and knife and carried it into his mouth like it was a normal thing to do. I could not believe it. I was disgusted. I felt sick to my stomach. He noticed that I was reacting funny and simply told me that it tasted perfectly fine and it was the Argentine way. I could not order my food after then and kept staring at the raw meat on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment